Sunday 22 July 2012

"Sunny"

I found that the picture I took of my Cat Card in the previous post, really didn't do the card justice, so I decided to add a picture to show more of the detail.

To create the background for the card's image, I inked the background portion of the stamp with Versamark, stamped it on watercolour paper, and clear embossed it in order to create a resist. I used sponge daubers to apply Wild Honey, Bundled Sage and Broken China Ranger Distress Inks to add colour. Next, I removed the areas of clear embossing by covering it with printer paper and pressing it with a warm iron. To add a little glisten, I misted the image using a mixture of Perfect Pearl and water. (I know this is hard to see in the picture.) I then inked the cat portion of the stamp with Versamark ink, stamped it on Solar White Neenah paper, and embossed it with Black embossing powder. This gave the impression of glossy fur to the cat image. I used my Copic markers to colour the cute kitty. I chose to make it look like our cat "Sunny" - a dear little calico. I fussy cut around the cat and mounted it with dimensional tape on the background. I liked the contrast of the sharp, shiny black cat face with the soft, matte finish of the background. I decided that I wanted more of the shiny black effect behind the image, so I inked the edges of a square of paper with Versamark and embossed it with black embossing powder. I added more coloured paper to create a mat for the image and 3D mounted it on a final coloured piece of Tide Hero Arts Layering paper, and finally on white cardstock for my card base. In order to accentuate the eyes, I covered them with Glossy Accents and allowed it to dry completely. I somehow can't quite capture the final effect this gave to the finished card.



Until next time,

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carol, Awesome 'cat' card with that great image. You also have a gorgeous Husky. It's wonderful to 'see' a fellow Canadian visitor at my Blog :) Thanks for your visit ! Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment.