Monday 23 July 2012

Hugs and Kisses

Today I made a card for a couple of different challenges. The first is the Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week which is to follow Dawny's sketch. Here is the sketch to follow:



The second challenge is for Mo's Digital Challenge which is "Hugs and Kisses" using a Mo Manning image. Here is my completed card:



I used a digital stamp from Mo's Digital Pencil entitled "Love Ya". Isn't she adorable! I coloured her with Copics and a bit of coloured pencil. I double printed the image and fussy cut the teddy bear and sweater so that I could pop it up for added dimension. I added a tiny green pearl as the button on her sweater for a tiny bit of bling. Here is a more detailed image to show you the dimensional effect:



One of the background papers I used is white embossed with Hero Arts Studio Calico background stamp called "Lattice". I inked the paper with sponge daubers and Distress Inks to create a rainbow effect and then misted the whole thing with Perfect Pearls to add some shimmer. I was very pleased with the overall effect. Hope you like it too.

Until next time,

5 comments:

  1. Carol your card is absolutely gorgeous, the image is adorable and so beautifully coloured.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carol...what a totally adorable card! I love this Mo image...and your coloring is so pretty! Love the DPs and simple design! I'm so glad you've joined us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, your card is adorable. I just love Mo's images and your coloring of that one is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute and your coloring is wonderful! Thanks for playing along with Dawny's sketch challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment.