Saturday 30 June 2012

Summer Florals

Although I'm not too crazy about the heat, I love summer. I have two beautiful miniature gardenia trees on my patio and they are enjoying the recent hot days we have been having. They are absolutely covered with beautiful waxy, white blooms. Their fragrance fills the air on the patio - my little piece of heaven.

Anyway, the flowers inspired me to create a couple of floral cards to celebrate the flowers of summer.



For the first card, I stamped the rose using Versamark ink and then embossed the image with Tsukineko white embossing powder. Then I applied three colours of Ranger Distress Ink using Tsukineko sponge daubers. The colours I used were: Wild Honey, Dried Marigold, and Barn Door. I was really pleased with the end result. My father was an avid gardener and had scads of rose bushes. This colour combination reminds me of one particular rose bush called "Tropicana". I fussy cut the rose, trimming very close to the embossed lines. I added some pattern paper panels to the white background to add depth to the card and set off the rose image. I wanted the bow of the green satin ribbon to nestle in under the rose, so I chose to mount it under the sentiment. My greeting was stamped with Archival black ink and popped up with dimensional adhesive. I mounted the rose with more dimensional adhesive and then tucked the punched foliage under the petals.

I used Hero Arts' Butter Bar Shadow Ink to stamp my background images on white card stock and stamped the sentiment with Archival black ink. Then I used the same warm colour palette to stamp the floral image three times. I trimmed the outer edge of the image, leaving a fine white border to give the bottom blossom some definition and then trimmed the subsequent layers more closely. I mounted the layers using dimensional tape and then affixed them using more dimensional adhesive. I tucked the punched foliage under the edges of the flower to finish the card off.

Don't they look summery?

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment.