Tuesday 17 April 2012

April Showers

Here in Midland, Ontario we've had a very strange spring. We keep thinking we're about to have stormy weather - thunder, strong winds, dark skies . . . . and then no rain. We certainly could use some, but now they are forecasting the possibility of snow! Well, I'm hoping for some April showers to help bring some spring flowers. That just happens to be the theme of the Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week - how appropriate!

Here is my entry for the challenge. I just love House Mouse designs and this one is just so spring-like! The image was coloured with Copics, cut with a Spellbinders Nestabilities die and mounted on a violet background, which I cut with a Nellie's Multi Frame Die. The round card was cut from some beautiful glazed patterned paper and heavier Papertrey Ink card stock using a Martha Stewart circle cutter. I simply scored and glued a small section off to one side to create a hinge to allow the card to open. I tied some lovely, soft mauve seam binding ribbon to make a bow and added a few pearls for a touch of bling. Although it doesn't really show in the picture, I used some Ranger Rock Candy Distress Stickles on the water droplets for a little bit of sparkle.



Until next time,

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty card with beautiful colouring ! You live in Midland ! I live north east of Toronto. Cheers from another Ontarian ! Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo darling. I love house mouse and your coloring is so great. Love the sky and raindrops.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment.