Thursday 3 November 2016

30 Day Colouring Challenge

For anyone who loves to colour, you really should check out Kathy Racoosin's 30 Day Coloring Challenge at her blog, The Daily Marker.  You can join in and post pictures of whatever project you are busy colouring, but you can also get all kinds of inspiration by checking out what other people are doing.  I'm showing a card I made using the Lawn Fawn "Sprinkled with Joy" stamp and die sets.  I actually cased a card made by Nichol Spohr using the same sets.  You can check out her card and video here.  I stamped the components with My Favorite Things Black Licorice Hybrid ink and coloured them with Copic markers.  This was such a fun card to make. 


Probably the most endearing feature of the card is that the little oven door opens to reveal the cookie sheet holding tiny cookie images.  I used a piece of acetate to form the window of the oven door and a strip of silver foil cardstock to make the handle.  I just love the die that cuts the tiny dish towel with its little cross-stitch detail.  Here's a closer look:


I also used stamps from the set to create the greeting inside the card:

 
 Lots of fun!  Hope you like it too!



1 comment:

  1. Love it! And the little gingerbread cookies inside! And you have a nice puppy too! Unusual eye colors! My puppy is much smaller -- Chihuahua sized.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment.