Sunday 2 September 2012

Anything Goes

The Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week is "Anything Goes". It is always fun to have free rein to jump in with whatever strikes your fancy. I used Hero Arts Etched Medallion to create this card.



When I started to work on this card, I had decided that I wanted to mount the medallion so that it displayed through a circular opening, so the first thing I did was to create a background for the medallion. I used three colours of Distress Ink and my sponge daubers to create a mottled, gradual colour transition from Bundled Sage to Broken China and finally to Seedless Preserves on watercolour paper. When I was happy with the colour transition, I misted it with a mixture of water and Perfect Pearls to give the whole thing a metallic sheen. I set that aside to dry and stamped the medallion three times with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on Solar White Neenah cardstock. I coloured the three layers with Copic Markers, adding a touch of white pencil crayon to highlight the top 2 layers. I curled the edges of each layer to add dimension before mounting them one atop of each other and adding a button to form a 3D centre. I cut a 3 and 7/8ths inch circular opening in a 5 inch square piece of Iris Hero Arts Layering Paper, then added a thin black circle inside of that to add a little extra contrast. I used another piece of Iris paper to create a 5 and 1/4 inch square card base, mounted the background paper to that, and then mounted the square with the cut out onto that with dimensional adhesive. I added the medallion inside of the circular cut out, and finally added a sentiment on a thin strip of coordinating paper. My final touch was to add a small Swarovski crystal on either side of the sentiment.

Until next time,

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card! That flower and your coloring is amazing!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment.