Wednesday 19 September 2012

We're so Trendy with Buttons

This week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp is "We're so Trendy" and we are asked to use chevrons, hexagons, or neon in our project. I have chosen to use hexagons on my card which I cut with my Sizzix Bigz Die. Unfortunately it is kind of difficult to see in my photo that I chose to pop up some of the hexagons and mount others flat. The image is one of Mo Manning's super cute fairies. I guess the cooler weather is making me think about fall and harvest time. There are lots of fall fairs running on weekends here in Ontario. This particular image is called "Fall Fairy Jeson" which I coloured with Copic markers. I am also entering this card in Mo's Digital Challenge where this week's challenge is "Buttons". I've used some waxed jute cord to tie the tortoise shell buttons and to decorate the right side of the card. The background paper is from the Tim Holtz idea-ology Paper Stash of Kraft Resist. I also used it for the background of the sentiment which I hand wrote with a white gel pen. I have inked the edges of the greeting with Chestnut Roan Chalk ink to give it some definition.



Until next time,

2 comments:

  1. Great use of the hexagons! Fabulous job with that sweet image too! Your coloring is amazing! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh.. This war great!! Love the hexagons! And your coloring is FAB!!

    Thanks for joining us at Mo`s Digital Challenge last week. Hope to see you this week too :)

    Hugs from Tine

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment.