Wednesday 26 September 2012

Glitter Ritz Flowering Christmas Tree

If you haven't had a chance to experiment with Glitter Ritz Micro Fine glitters, you really should make a point of picking some of this product up. Used with Be Creative Tape, you can get fabulous results with the burnished velvet technique. Treasure Mart has some terrific tutorials on their website at http://www.treasuremart.net/products/glitter-ritz/

Here is the technique I use with Glitter Ritz and Be Creative tape. I first mount a strip of Be Creative tape onto Neenah Solar White cardstock. Next, I peel off the protective release paper. I then either run the release paper through my die cutting machine or use decorative punches to create masks for the tape. I reapply the release paper (with the blue lettering up) to the areas of the tape that I want to mask, leaving areas that I want to cover with a specific colour of Glitter Ritz bare, making sure that I press the release tape firmly down especially close to the edges. I apply the desired glitter and burnish before revealing another area to be glittered. (I usually just use my fingertip, but for tiny areas I use a ball tipped stylus.) Then I move on to another area and remove the masks and apply another colour of glitter until the entire piece of tape is completely covered with glitter. I keep the die cut pieces of release tape in a labelled envelope for future use. On my card I used Moss Green, Fire Red, and Warm Highlights.



I chose to trim around the tree with my detail scissors, but this really is not necessary and the finished rectangle can simply be mounted on your card. Here is a close up of this beautiful glitter:



I hope you will give this wonderful product a try.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment.