Thursday 4 July 2013

Summer Card Camp 2

As you already know, I just love participating in the Online Card Classes run by Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner. They have a great one coming up on July 8th. It looks as though it is going to be incredible! There is an impressive list of guest instructors, including many of the big names in the card making and scrapbooking community. The series of classes will run for 3 weeks and is extremely reasonably priced. If you would like to know more about it, you can check it out at http://www.onlinecardclasses.com/

Jennifer and Kristina have thrown out a couple of pre-class challenges. I've already posted a card on Flickr for the second challenge, which involved creating a card using a sketch as inspiration. Here's the sketch and the card I created for that challenge.



The first pre-class challenge was based on the following colour combination:


Here is my interpretation of that challenge:


I really love how this colour combo turned out. I used a new stamp set from Avery Elle called Fanfare and several Hero Arts Shadow Inks for the stamping. I absolutely adore the Pale Tomato ink and find I'm using it often. I also used Soft Granite and a little bit of Pool. I dyed some paper using the ink pads in order to have matching flowers, the die cut flowers, and the punched leafs.

I really can't wait for the Summer Card Camp 2 classes to begin!

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Please leave me a comment.